Central Exchange kicked off its 6 part Health Care Catalyst Series last week featuring consumer strategies related to having a healthy business. The presentation was led by Brent Walker, Chief Marketing Officer of C2B Solutions. Walker spent 20 years working for Proctor & Gamble prior to starting C2B Solutions.
The presentation focused on the importance of understanding psychographic segmentation in the health care consumer. C2B Solutions conducted a study that included a sample of 4,878 patients who completed a survey with 384 questions/attributes.
The study identified 5 different patient profiles:
- Balance Seekers (18%) – This group is proactive and wellness-oriented. They are open to many ideas, sources of information and treatment options when it comes to their healthcare.
- Willful Endurers (27%) – The highest population, this group takes a “don’t fix it if it’s not broken” approach to their health.
- Priority Jugglers (18%) – These individuals are busy taking care of others and are motivated by family verses by self.
- Self-Achievers (24%) – Highly motivated, this group focuses on future plans and is the most proactive when it comes to their wellness. They are task oriented and prefer to be given measurable goals.
- Direction Takers (13%) – The smallest population, these individuals like direction from providers and take it.
The varying differences in the patient profiles emphasize the need to communicate important health care messages differently. Traditionally, clinicians have been taught to speak to every patient as “direction takers.” With an increased focus on patient outcomes, clinicians need to learn how to better communicate with patients so they take an active role in their health care based on the different profiles. The benefit of the one-on-one counseling provided by Tria Health is our clinicians get an understanding of who the patient is and what motivates their medication behavior.
Find out what kind of patient you are by visiting C2Bsolutions.com.
Written by Katherine Meiners, Director of Marketing & Communications at Tria Health