We all know kale is healthy – the dark leafy green is rich in vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants – and we should probably eat more of it. This kale pesto recipe is as easy as it is healthy. We tried it tossed with pasta and as a sauce on our favorite homemade pizza, and we imagine it would be delicious on just about anything.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cups kale (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Add the kale, garlic and cashews to a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the salt, pepper, olive oil and water.
- Blend until all ingredients have been incorporated (30-60 seconds).
- Add the parmesan cheese and pulse for 5-10 seconds.
- Serve with pizza, pasta or your favorite dish.
(Thanks to Tria Health Software Developer Jennifer Motush for sharing her recipe.)