Achieving or maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle is always a popular New Year resolution. Weight loss can seem overwhelming for many individuals, so as we quickly approach 2015, we wanted to remind you of these tips to help you plan for success.
- Set goals and be realistic – healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week.
- Write down your reasons for wanting to lose weight and post it in your home.
- Keep a food journal for at least a week or two to have a better understanding of your caloric consumption.
- Avoid bad habits such as eating too fast, eating when you’re not hungry, skipping meals, or always having desert.
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats.
- Read nutrition information on food labels and pay close attention to serving sizes.
- Bake or grill foods instead of frying.
- Set specific exercise goals, including how often and time spent per week.
- You don’t have to run a marathon, walking is a great first step.
- Identify a friend or family member to join you, it’s a great way to stay motivated.
Happy New Year!!