What is National Nutrition Month?
National Nutrition Month® is a nutrition education and information campaign created annually in March by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
What Can I Do to Get Involved?
There are a lot of different ways you can get involved with National Nutrition Month. You can either participate alone or with a group, here are a few ideas on how you can get started:
- Commit to trying a new fruit or vegetable each week during National Nutrition Month.
- Start a vegetable garden by planting seeds indoors or outside.
- Take a trip to a farmers market or local farm.
- Organize a healthy potluck, making sure each of the food groups is represented.
View more ideas HERE.
Chronic Conditions and Nutrition
If you have a chronic condition, a carefully planned diet can make a difference. With certain diseases, what you eat may reduce symptoms. In other cases, diet can improve health. Although your diet might differ depending on your condition and lifestyle, there are three keys to a healthy eating plan that will work for diabetes, heart health, cancer prevention and weight management:
- Eat meals and snacks regularly (at planned times).
- Eat about the same amount of food at each meal or snack.
- Choose healthful foods to support a healthy weight and heart.
Have any questions? Contact the Tria Health Help Desk at 1.888.799.8742.