National Nutrition Month® is a nutrition education and information campaign created annually in March by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
How can you get involved?1
- Choose foods and drinks that are good for your health.
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
- Select healthier options when eating away from home.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that’s right for you.
- Keep it simple. Eating right doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Make food safety part of your everyday routine.
- Help to reduce food waste by considering the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
Looking for healthy recipes?
In honor of National Nutrition Month, Tria Health has assembled some of our favorite nutritional recipes:
Chronic Conditions and Nutrition
If you have a chronic condition, a carefully planned diet can make a difference. With certain diseases, what you eat may reduce symptoms. In other cases, diet can improve health. Although your diet might differ depending on your condition and lifestyle, there are three keys to a healthy eating plan that will work for diabetes, heart health, cancer prevention and weight management:
- Eat meals and snacks regularly (at planned times).
- Eat about the same amount of food at each meal or snack.
- Choose healthful foods to support a healthy weight and heart.
Have any questions? Contact the Tria Health Help Desk at 1.888.799.8742.